Monday, March 23, 2009

Green Cleaning

I made cleaning products today and took my stockpile of other cleaning products to the food pnatry at church. Which is kind of funny to me. It is like I am saying the products can hurt the environment and my family so I am going to give them to you to hurt the environment and your family...okay, moving along...

I had to go to 2 stores to find the ingredints and am still looking for the oils but here are my recipes I used (thanks to a friend and the internet)

Floor Cleaner (which I put in my Clorox ready Mop)
1 part Vinegar
4 parts Water
you can also add 15-20 drops of essential oil if you don't like the smell of vinegar

Window Cleaner
1 part rubbing alcohol
2 parts water
you can also add 15-20 drops of essential oil if you don't like the smell of vinegar

and All Purpose Cleaner
2 cups water
1/2 c vinegar
1tsp Castile Saop (get the kind with Tea Tree already in it!)
3/4 c hydrogen peroxide
1 tsp baking soda (not to much or it will foam over!)
10 drops tea tree oli
10 drops lemongrass oil (for smell only)

Good luck and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment