Wednesday, March 25, 2009

car cleaning

We are a "car family". We own lots of cars (with no debt!) and enjoying going to car shows and cruise in's. We went to the local Big Lots ( www.biglots.com ) the other day and my husband pick up some car cleaner. As we are checking out I'm thinking, "doesn't this defeat the purpose of making our own cleaning products? There has to be a better way."

After a little research I found that the glass cleaner recipe I posted yesterday can also be used as windshield washer fluid.

You can also get the salt off your car by using a solution of 1/3 cup white distilled vinegar and 2/3 cup of water.

For the good old car cleaner

Wash it off with a solution of one cup baking soda and a gallon of hot, soapy water. This solution will also help prevent rust. Pour undiluted vinegar onto decals, let soak for a few minutes then scrape off, repeating if necessary!

How awesome is that?
Now, the trick will be to get my hubby to return the car cleaner. I'll let you know how that conversation goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment