Thursday, June 16, 2011

Inspired and completed!

I am so tickled with myself this week because I completed THREE projects and love them all! Doesn't it make you feel good when you actually like something you make? A little back story on the first project. If you have young children you have probably had a conversation like this...
Child:When are we going to Grandma's?
Me: On Wed.
Child: So after nap?
Me:No after 2 naps and one night time
Child: so after church day?
Me: No, before church day but after school day
and on and on it goes...
So, enter in clever craft one I found over at Love Sweet Love


Isn't it so clever? So I went to Lowe's and bought the sheet metal and instead of making a frame I used blue painters tape and wrapped the edges. The pictures I downloaded

her site and I laminated them and added magnets. The Star was purchased at Michael's for like 19 cents or something crazy. I hung it with 3M and voila....here it is!



I know the picture isn't the greatest but there was a horrible glare so this is the best you get.




Next is this little cutey I found at Ellie and Abbie








I already had canvas and I purchased a Martha Stewart butterfly hole punch at Michael's and the pink acrylic paint. The boys did the painting and I did the rest. I LOVE it hanging in my laundry room.





And then...AHHH...I am in love!


I found this great tutorial for this wreath over at Artsy Fartsy Mama


and just knew I had to make it in turquoise which is my current favorite color!




HERS:


MINE:


Isn't it cute: I keep my door open just so I can look at it!


So, there you have it, my three fun projects. The next couple days I will be working on Father's Day stuff. I'll let you know how that goes and hopefully by Monday my fabric will be here and I can start making my T-shirt dress.














No comments:

Post a Comment